Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Rajul-in-the-Street Interviews

FOUR OUT OF FIVE EGYPTIANS SURVEYED HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT AL-HURRA.


Egyptian man-in-the-street interviews about the popularity of Al-Hurra have been published by Transnational Broadcasting Studies, a joint Oxford/American University of Cairo project. Read about them here. A quick taste:

I watch Alhurra but I feel that there is something strange about it. I wonder how come the US is financing this channel and still the services it offers are not that great. Sometimes I feel that the announcers are not professional at all and they speak classical Arabic with difficulty. I also feel that their news bulletins are filtered so that they would not offend the Arab viewers. And if you forget about the news you feel that their other programs are boring and they are of no interest to you. I do not know why it is still operating till now.
Noha Muhammad, 26, journalist

No comments:

Site Meter