Tuesday, December 04, 2007

M-I-C, K-E-Why Do They Hate Us?

Andy Valvur forwards this help-wanted ad from Walt Disney Co. It is a bit odd; Disney doesn't just want a security chief, they'd prefer someone with mid-level intel-agency experience who has or is clearable to at least a Secret level.

Clearly, Disney isn't willing to sit around and wait for federal agencies, particularly I would imagine the Dept. of Homeland Security, to realize or tell them of an imminent threat. You have to wonder just how pervasive an intel network this Disney official would need to achieve some semblance of the federal government's capabilities.

As I'd written recently, Disney actively helps the U.S. welcome foreign visitors. On the other hand, it considers those foreign visitors (and the domestic ones) a potential threat.

I'm tempted to make fun but won't. If I were running a $34 billion entertainment and hospitality business that spanned three continents, you're damned right I'd want to know whether unrest in Pakistan affected the safety of Space Mountain.

No comments:

Site Meter